Need Help - Fighting Algae Continuously

I meant normal for this particular pool while being shocked right now.

When you consider beginning the day at ~35ppm, in a normal day 50% would be much more than 10ppm anyway. Hard to tell if 10ppm loss for today with the SWG running is a low loss and it's time to do the OCLT or not. I was just curious, because normally peeps won't be running a SWG during shocking.

Got home and tested the pool around 5:30. My FC level maintained 30 the whole day, however the SWG was running at 100%. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll pass the OCLT tonight but now it looks like we may get some heavy rain tonight. Will that affect my OCLT to the point that it will be useless? Should I do the OCLT tonight or not???

I passed my OCLT this morning :whoot:

So I put my pump back on the timer and set the SWG output to 0 to let the FC levels come back down to normal. I'll vaccuum the pool tonight and monitor FC levels daily until I get my FC stabilized around 6. Then I'll work on some stains on my liner....

One question though. Every time I vaccuum, a quite noticeable amount of small particulate accummulates next to the return closest to the pool pump. I assume this is stuff I'm vacuuming up that is passing through the filter and re-entering the pool. I have a DE filter that should have plenty of DE in it. I plan on backwashing after I vacuum tonight but any idea on why this would be happening? I guess maybe I should disassemble my filter if it's still happening after tonight's backwash?

It's less than 50%, so no, not really (normal would be roughly 50%) but it's also 8ppm which at under normal levels would be extreme. I'd have to say there's a decent chance things are improving, maybe enough for an OCLT.

Is the sun off the pool now? Maybe do a couple more tests tonight and see how it behaves without sunlight. If you can hold chlorine till you go to bed that's an even better sign. If you lose any tonight before bed, don't bother to set your alarm and re-do like today, that seemed to work well for you sans SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.