Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ladder pad

1. Back To Top    #1

ladder pad

The pool is up! (Pics to come soon!). Water is being added as we speak! SO close!

What pad do you have for under your ladder in the pool? How is it held down? Any help would be welcome. The ladder is a straight/simple set.

THANKS!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ladder pad

Just a bathtub mat with the suction cup's on the bottom..Got it at Walmart.Just make sure you get the heavy duty one..Just cut to fit.But if you want all of it.It will work fine to..It will stay to the pool bottom.The one's the pool store's sell will not stay down..
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Kim! I just searched this site for the same thing. Our pool is filling now. Our neighbor used a shoe pad (from Menards); the kind with holes in it. He said it works well. I like the bathtub mat idea! Did you get one yet? What did you go with? I know I can just buy one for $23 off Amazon but I figured there would be a cheaper product that works as well or better.

4. Back To Top    #4

Somebody posted recently that they cut a section of a pool noodle and slit it and slid it over the end.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Just 2 days ago I cut a 6 or 8 inch length of noodle and tie-wrapped it around each leg of the ladder. Works great.
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

The problem with pool noodles is they work great.But,they will start breaking apart after a short time because of the water&chemical's..They are not made to be under water 24/7..
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

I wondered about that. If I can get a month I'll be happy. Only gonna get 3 months for swimming here anyway!!
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I did get a NICE bath mat from Big Lots for $7. It is clear with LOTS of sucky cups on the bottom. It is just the right size for my ladder. I have marked the date I bought it and will be keeping track of how long it lasts.

http://www.biglots.com/search/product/4110

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats
    I did get a NICE bath mat from Big Lots for $7. It is clear with LOTS of sucky cups on the bottom. It is just the right size for my ladder. I have marked the date I bought it and will be keeping track of how long it lasts.

http://www.biglots.com/search/product/4110

Kim
    I have found that the clear is better.It will turn milky white color..But,I have had mine for almost 3 yrs. on the sameone..I pull them out for the winter..

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks that is nice to know. My husband (crazy) swims year round so I do not close the pool. At least he did when we had the last pool that I RUINED because I did not have a clue and the pool stores were NO help at all. They just sold me stuff.

NOW I just laugh as I drive by the pool store! THANKS!

Kim (money to help support the site will be on the way when I get over buying the pool)

11. Back To Top    #11

I've got three of these vinyl bathmats (with suction cups) under my steps (Lumi-O Festiva):

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/vinyl-bath-mat/967654

The (natural) rubber bathmats I used last season, from Walmart, literally dissolved after a month or two and seemed to encourage algae.

So far, so good with the vinyl ones.
    "Inherited" Cornelius 18'x54" Round AGP (Steel walls), Hayward Pro Series 21" Sand Filter, ClubPro (Jacuzzi) 1HP single speed pump, Lumi-O Festiva steps, Toile-Soleil mesh leaf net/winter cover. That's about it.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by WorBry
    I've got three of these vinyl bathmats (with suction cups) under my steps (Lumi-O Festiva):

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/vinyl-bath-mat/967654

The (natural) rubber bathmats I used last season, from Walmart, literally dissolved after a month or two and seemed to encourage algae.

So far, so good with the vinyl ones.
    Ye, those will..Get the Heavy Duty one's they are around $8 ..Still using mine on the third season.No problem's.

13. Back To Top    #13

Do you have a link for the Heavy Duty one?

I'm in Canada and Walmart here don't always carry the same range as the US.

The vinyl ones I'm using seem quite durable but I'm always on the look out for something a bit larger. Even with three (30" x 16") I don't get complete coverage of the base of my steps. Rubbermaid do an Extra-Large mat (17" x 36") but again it's natural rubber.

Edit: Would it be this one?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Heavy-Duty-Ul ... r/14710647

As usual, Walmart Canada don't list it.
    "Inherited" Cornelius 18'x54" Round AGP (Steel walls), Hayward Pro Series 21" Sand Filter, ClubPro (Jacuzzi) 1HP single speed pump, Lumi-O Festiva steps, Toile-Soleil mesh leaf net/winter cover. That's about it.

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by WorBry
    Do you have a link for the Heavy Duty one?

I'm in Canada and Walmart here don't always carry the same range as the US.

The vinyl ones I'm using seem quite durable but I'm always on the look out for something a bit larger. Even with three (30" x 16") I don't get complete coverage of the base of my steps. Rubbermaid do an Extra-Large mat (17" x 36") but again it's natural rubber.

Edit: Would it be this one?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Heavy-Duty-Ul ... r/14710647

As usual, Walmart Canada don't list it.
    Doesn't look the same.But, prob. just has good..I pick'd mine up in the store down the road.Like I said it's on the 3rd season.So they prob. don't sell the samething anymore.

15. Back To Top    #15

No problem. I'm OK with the mats I'm using for now.