Autopilot TC - Low Amps Warning (yet another thread, sorry)

May 28, 2007
I've had my Autopilot TC since 2007. Actually has been rather trouble free other than an initial bad pH probe upon installation. However, ran into some electrical problems: I believe we had a power spike a few weeks back. It basically blew a relay in my EasyTouch control panel, which I just got around to replacing the other day. In addition there was a blown fuse on the Autopilot power module (lower left portion of the board (3Ax250v). Upon replacement of the relay and replacement of the fuse, I am now getting an error of low-amps.

Water chemistry is fine: pH=7.5, FC=5, TA=80, water is clear and sparkling, Na=3000, etc...

Test Pool Pilot function shows:
Salt=2900
Volts - 17-19
Amps 2.7-2.9
Power level 2 or 3, doesn't make a difference

Troubleshooting so far:

Verified 240VAC at terminal 1 and 2
Placed SWG in BOOST mode, no difference
Force Reverse Polarity, no difference
Checked cell: Clean blades, no evidence of wear on outer blades. Amp hours on the SC-60 = 15,000
Checked Cell cable: Clean contacts, no evidence of burning
Checked continuity of all fuses of power module: OK
Visual inspection of board: no fried boards like I've seen other people post. Capacitors - I don't know what a bulging cap looks like, sorry
Added salt to pool return - salt level on Autopilot rises as expected, but no change in volts or amps

Based on reading other folks experiences, is there anything else I need to do to troubleshoot this thing? Do I need a new power module 16804? Any chance that it's the cell rather than the power module?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.