FC. 12.
    CC -
    TC 12
    pH. 8.2
    T/A. 90
    CH 0
    CYA. 60
    temp. 88
    Added 13 oz of bleach. The water pump was off for 2 days and it rained for 4 days. After hot hot days. Lots of dirt in the bottom which ivacuumed out. Now just need to get rid of the green is water. What do I do??
    12'x36" / 2100 gal/ AG / Krystal Clear Model 603 filter cartridge pump ( cleans surprisingly well for a $35 pump!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: help me clear my green water

Oh. I haven't updated my pump type below. But I have the Krystal clear intex 1600 sand filter pump attached to the wall skimmer that came with the pool.
    12'x36" / 2100 gal/ AG / Krystal Clear Model 603 filter cartridge pump ( cleans surprisingly well for a $35 pump!)

3. Back To Top    #3

PH test isn't accurate above 10 FC, so we'll ignore that. You need to keep shocking. For 60 CYA, your shock level is 24 FC. You need to get your pool up to that to kill the algae. Keep your pump on 24/7 during the process to filter out the gunk. You will need to keep a close eye on the pressures and backwash when needed.

Read this article twice: pool-school/shocking_your_pool
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

4. Back To Top    #4

How can I test my FC will be at 24. I added the bleach as necessary. So how long should it take to clear the water and what test do I need to do to check the FC?

5. Back To Top    #5

For a pool that size, it might be cheaper to dump it and start fresh. Green to clean can take anywhere from 3 days to a month. Or never, if you give up too soon. turning-your-green-swamp-back-into-a-sparkling-oasis-t4147.html has it all for you.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!