Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Guidance before opening pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New Jersey

Guidance before opening pool

Well took a peek below my saftey cover to see what my water looked like. It appears with the warmer weather algae is beginning to show. My opening is scheduled for 2 weeks from now. Do I try to add bleach or an algae preventer and mix the best I can or just let it go and wait until opening and deal with it then. The water is clear with a slight green tint at this point. Thanks for your input.

14 x 32 Fiberglass Pool 10K gal. Hayward Pump and Sand Filter. Autopilot SWG Dig 48 and Heat Siphon 3.25sx Heat Pump.

The Pool Calculator
    Chlorine/CYA Chart by Chemgeek

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD
    There are two things you can do: ignore it till the cover comes off, or get the pump running with the cover on and start balancing the chemistry with the cover on. There isn't much you can do until the pump is running and you have good circulation.

Personally, I would wait and deal with it all at once when you have the time and all the materials/chemicals/help you need on hand.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School