Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Shocking pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Shocking pool

I shocked my pool 3 weeks back, but I did not finish, so everynight I take my water take it up to shock level. Slow and steady shock so we could have use of the pool. Stupid I know but hubby thinks BBB is crazy and stupid so I have to work around him. Since we are having some cold days I decided to shock the correct way. I don't understand how I have something growing. I keep my normal levels between 4-7fc. But since I started shocking My cc keeps rising.
    10 pm
    FC 16.5
    cc 1

2:30 am

9:30 am
    FC 0??
    I don't get it, I test my pool 3-5 times a day to allways make sure the fc is in line. I was only shocking to get rid of the last bit of cloudyness. It was so light you could only see there was a cloud when under water. Guess lesson learned slow staedy not way to go. Fast and furrious it is.
    AG 15x30 4 ft deep 12000 gal.
    Aqua Star 100lbs Sand Filter model fs019
    Installed june 2012

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Shocking pool

Quote Originally Posted by zeroturn
    Fast and furrious it is.
    :good job:

Going slowly gives the algae time to grow back between chlorine additions, and you end up losing ground.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Shocking pool

Please keep all your posts under a single thread. You have questions scattered all over the forum and no one can follow your story.

If folks can see how you got started, what you have been doing, etc. they can advise you on the next best step. It will also save you the time and trouble of having to check on a dozen threads.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School