FC was 2
Tc 2
Ph 7.4-7.5
Ta is 80-90
This morning after swg start up it seems my
FC is >5
Ph is 7.5
Ta is 100
No cya yet but it is in the pool dissolving still.. I have enough cya to get me to 70

I did the boost for copper production but I woke up with a bad feeling and shut off the machine to clear the boost.. I have the run time set up for 6 hours to start...

This morning I woke up to the pool looking clean but there are these little white flakes in the pool... And The skimmer had this layer of cloudy film...
Is this from my swg ??? I've never had this before the swg is it normal...
Am I on the right track with the swg , right now it's on says working with the number 6 lit up..

kittkatt808 said:
I did the boost for copper production but I woke up with a bad feeling and shut off the machine to clear the boost.. I have the run time set up for 6 hours to start...
Unplug the copper bars. You do not want copper in your pool, it can stain and cause blond hair to turn green. A properly maintained FC level (for your cya level) is all you need to keep organics in check.

kittkatt808 said:
This morning I woke up to the pool looking clean but there are these little white flakes in the pool... And The skimmer had this layer of cloudy film...
Is this from my swg ??? I've never had this before the swg is it normal...
Am I on the right track with the swg , right now it's on says working with the number 6 lit up..
Do you have a CH test number?

I do not have those numbers I'm still waiting for my new test kit.. I'm assuming my pool is suffering from calcium hardness... Can I just put something In it right to prevent it from getting worse? Without knowing the ch yet.

How to I unplug the copper bars?

kittkatt808 said:
How to I unplug the copper bars?
The copper bars are on the left if you are looking at the unit from the front. There is a retaining nut (black plastic) that you unscrew, then just pull the wire connection off. That is all you have to do, takes 5 seconds.

kittkatt808 said:
I'm assuming my pool is suffering from calcium hardness... Can I just put something In it right to prevent it from getting worse? Without knowing the ch yet.
It seems unlikely it is, since your TA is low and your ph is fairly low which would mean your CH would have to be super high...but it might be. Keeping ph down around 7.2 is about all you can do since your TA is already fairly low.

How are you getting your test values? If from strips, then throw everything I said above out the window.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok so my results are
FC 15
Ch 30
Cya 50
Ph 7.2
Ta 130

I feel like I'm all over the place... Too much chlorine right should I shut off my swg? Or let the day go by where FC will fall on its on... Apparently my run time is too high I should def decrease it right? It was at 6 last night..
I don't see flakes but yet no one has been swimming to get them going but I do see the cloudy film in the skimmer but the pool looks gorgeous...

I just realized I must have started the swg over again when I turned it off and back on this morning.. So it was running its 6 hour session again earlier than it was supposed to start later tonight...
So I turned off the power will that suffice or should I unplug?

kittkatt808 said:
Ok I'll shut down..
How about my cya I have a sock stil in the pool..
Ch being 30 isn't that really low???
What about my ta seems like its on the uprise??
You will need higher CYA for the SWG, so let it keep dissolving. Your vinyl liner doesn't care about low CH. And TA is something you can deal with later, once you're got this thing under control and you're bored.

Good evening guys I haven't had any issues for some time now except today I'm getting the error 90 on my swg... On the Manual it says that 90 means low water flow but the water coming out of the return is strong .. So I am not sure what that's means... Should I clean my filter , will that help my water flow?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.