Testing kit I have Does not test for cya

Frogabod you wrote "OK, we'll call it 50ppm and you should enter that into the NOW column in the calculator. Chlorinate/shock for that number. I believe shock level is 16ppm"
I'm a bit confused
First, why do I need to shock the pool?
If I put in the pool calculator that 50 is my now what is the number for my desired? And we're talking about cya here right?

Solar pads the ones used for heating your pool? My pool is in the shade and on this beautiful 75 degree day my kids just had the shock of there lil Lives

kittkatt808 said:
First, why do I need to shock the pool?
I don't think the Frog was saying you needed to do the shock process. She also wrote:
frogabog said:
Normal high and low FC is 4-8ppm.
So unless your pool is cloudy, or you having trouble maintaining FC, no need to shock.

kittkatt808 said:
Solar pads the ones used for heating your pool?
I think Bama was confused by you calling them "pads". I am assuming that you mean "panels"? If yes then, I highly recommend them, and have them! I sounds like you pool is mostly shady? If yes, then you likely benefit from having a panel surface area around the same as you pool area.

Thank you thank you
I've really got my pool balanced and steady with the levels through the sites help and pool school.
I am soon going to switch over to swg but will return with questions then...
But right now one question I have is how should I deal with the pool during the rain?

kittkatt808 said:
Thank you thank you
I've really got my pool balanced and steady with the levels through the sites help and pool school.
I am soon going to switch over to swg but will return with questions then...
But right now one question I have is how should I deal with the pool during the rain?

You could swim. Then the rain wouldn't get you wet. :party:

(rain hardly hurts a pool other than to add water)

Rain won't effect your pool water very much. We have a thread where we debated its effect on water chemistry and we came to the conclusion that rain is very insignificant (unless it adds, say, 4in of water to your pool)

Really no different then without rain...always keep FC above the minimum normal level. If in the event that brings in a lot of organic material you may need to raise your FC up a little higher to compensate...but this isn't typically necessary for me.

Richard320 said:
I suspect the kit is this one:

pH, FC, and TA. Plus they make it sound better than it is by adding BR and acid demand.
Add the CYA test and the FAS-DPD test and it's a K-2006. But it won't all fit in the box.

Well, Taylor sells the K-2006 case for $15.75.

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/products_Partinfo.asp?MarketID=-1&ReplacementPartID=2307

7122_500x375.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi guys again,
As I've stated before I want to change into a swg pool which I have already attached to my pool...
After a long day of swimming my pool is at
FC 2
Ph 7.3-7.4
Ta 70
Cya / I haven't received my new kit yet
I've went ahead and added bleach for the evening...
Should I wait until tomorrow to to the conversion when FC will be down to a normal 4-5?

Now I know the The levels I should be to convert to swg with a ta of 60-80 cya 70-80. These numbers, are they the levels I want my pool before converting or are these the numbers I'm shooting for when I convert?

Other questions
Should I try to even convert to swg without knowing my swg or should I wait?
In my swg manual they suggest operating time for filter pump shpuld br 4hours ,can i continue running it 24 hours, or should I shut if off when using swg?
Now the swg filter is that something I do not run 24 hours?

Thank you

You can put the salt in now, it has to dissolve and circulate for 24 hours prior to starting the SWG anyway. I can't recall, but do you have an idea of what the CYA level is? If you added it, it's there.

FC of 2 is a little low, unless you have less than 20ppm CYA.

Essentially, yeah knowing your CYA is important for these kinds of decisions.

Don't go by the Intex SWG run time. I'm running mine 8hr's a day and I have only a few hundred gallons more than you do. You'll need to play with the run times and FC levels when you get your kit to know how long you need to run it each day.

It also depends on the pump being running. The SWG will not work when there's no water flow (codes and shuts off saying low flow).

I have the cya in pool right now dissolving I had put in enough to get me to 50ppm cya.
I put the sock in on sunday.
My FC is definitely higher now about 1.5 hours ago I put bleach in.
And just to be correct on my salt addition, I am adding enough salt I go from 0 to 3000 ppm.. Which is about 100lbs of salt. Does this sound right, I don't want to over salt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.