Thread: Testing kit I have Does not test for cya

1. Back To Top    #1

Testing kit I have Does not test for cya

In verte upset that The testing kit i have Does not test for cya

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Extended Test Kit Directions

Quote Originally Posted by kittkatt808
    In verte upset that The testing kit i have Does not test for cya
    Which one do you have? These test kits do.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Extended Test Kit Directions

I Got mine from lesie pools it's called The delux dpd Test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Testing kit I have Does not test for cya

I also notice I can't test for ch either.. Darn I didn't get the right test, or it's lacking

5. Back To Top    #5

What else is needed before I swim

This morning I tested my water that I just filled last night and added chemicals...
    8pm last night readings were :
    Fc 5
    Tc 5
    Ph8.2
    Ta 110
    Cya I just added

This morning I'm reading
    Fc 2
    Tc 2
    Ph 8.2
    Ta 80

The water looks no nice the kids have no idea why I haven't let them in yet they don't understand me when I say I'm trying to get balanced. My 12 yr old told me "this ain't yoga ma" ........
    Kids!!!!!
    Anyway from pool school I see I need to use dry acid or muratic to lower my ph... Add a lil bleach to to raise FC or should I just add the dry acid and see where I'm at with ph..
    What else should I do?

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: What else is needed before I swim

Add some Acid to bring your PH down. Wait for an hour, retest and if good then go ahead and swim. Add the chlorine after you are done swimming is all. No reason not to jump in. I usually swim after 20 minnutes because the size of my pool is 22000 gallons. FC at 4-5 is not an issue at all.

Have fun
    Chad R.

POOL SIZE: 16 x 32' Vinyl lined pool. 22,000 gallons. 8' deep. 2009 Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump. Hayward S310S 30" 500 lb Sand filter. 1 skimmer and 2 returns. Solar Blanket.

Pics of my pool: http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/reindeerboy/

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

kitkat,

I merged your two threads. It is virtually always a good idea to have your posts all under one thread so everyone can see your whole "story" and help you better.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Thank you I was wondering if I should keep it in the same topic...
    So on my way to purchase the acid and get another testing kit... Unless there is a way to test cya with the leslie kit I have now....

I also had another topic about switching to wsg when I have my water balanced should I start another post when that time comes

9. Back To Top    #9

That kit doesn't test CYA. I suggest you order the TF-50 from tftestkits. It has all the tests you need to add to the kit you have now.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

And so I can purchase the additionals separately instead of the whole kit over again

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

kitkat,

There is a K-xxxx number somewhere on that kit...it sounds like you got the K-2005 which really does test for CYA. Can you find that K-#?

Don't buy anything at all just yet.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

12. Back To Top    #12

Looking looking

13. Back To Top    #13

I can't find anything

14. Back To Top    #14

I can't find it I'm trying to upload a pic but I can't from my phone.
    The only # I see are 18-547 on the bottom.
    Then it also says lot#2133b

15. Back To Top    #15

Help!! After 2 hours of putting my nutation acid to lower my ph its still at 8.2
    I put the reccommended 5.6oz as the calculator told me
    I also tested my FC and it's .5 or 0
    I just added 37oz of bleach as per the calculator should I add nore muratic acid right now

16. Back To Top    #16

I suspect the kit is this one:

pH, FC, and TA. Plus they make it sound better than it is by adding BR and acid demand.
    Add the CYA test and the FAS-DPD test and it's a K-2006. But it won't all fit in the box.

Help!! After 2 hours of putting my nutation acid to lower my ph its still at 8.2
    I put the reccommended 5.6oz as the calculator told me
    I also tested my FC and it's .5 or 0
    I just added 37oz of bleach as per the calculator should I add nore muratic acid right now
    Your pH may have been much higher than 8.2. Anything above that reads the same. Give that bleach half an hour to mix, then repeat your acid addition. Recheck pH an hour after that (pump running the whole time) and see where pH is. I recall when I took over my pool, I used a 10 lb bucket of dry acid AND a gallon of Muriatic Acid to get the pH color to change!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

17. Back To Top    #17

Sounds like the pH was higher than 8.2. Just because the kit only shows the high 8.2, doesn't always mean it's only 8.2.

Do another dose of acid, it should show some change this time.

Use the known amount of CYA that you added as your CYA level for now. We assume it's in there, if you put it in. Do you know how much you added? If so, pool calculator should estimate the level for you to use for chlorinating.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

18. Back To Top    #18

I added 28 oz of cya to get my cya to 50...
    Is that the# I'm reaching for?
    I added more acid....
    Also, that's it that's the kit I have ... DO I just add the additional

19. Back To Top    #19

OK, we'll call it 50ppm and you should enter that into the NOW column in the calculator. Chlorinate/shock for that number. I believe shock level is 16ppm. Normal high and low FC is 4-8ppm. At night, you'll dose to 8ppm in preparation for the next day. Prepare to lose half by the end of the day, but never fall below 4ppm. Daily/nightly dosings will prevent this. Normal loss per day is 2-4ppm depending on weather and bathers. If you routinely lose more than 4ppm but less than 5ppm, change the nightly dose to 9ppm and that should settle it.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

20. Back To Top    #20

I added 28 oz of cya to get my cya to 50...
    Is that the# I'm reaching for?
    I added more acid....
    Also, that's it that's the kit I have ... DO I just add the additional
    http://tftestkits.net/Single-Item-Tests-c6/ sells the FAS-DPD test and the CYA test individually.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast