Tear in liner!

Apr 13, 2011
Please help! We have a 2-3" tear in the bottom of our pool liner. We have tried several different repair kits and none are working. What are we doing wrong? Does anyone have experience with a kit that works?

Boxer is highly recommended. You need to use plenty of glue, fold the patch in half with the glue in the middle, unfold it underwater right next to the tear and apply immediately, smooth out any wrinkles and then hold it in place (perhaps with a swim weight or something similar) until the glue starts to set (not all that long but long enough that holding your breath is problematic). You also need to make sure that there is more than an inch overlap beyond the tear.

Thanks Jason for the info. I have a tear that is J shaped right at my water line. I purchased the repair kit our pool store had (threw the box away so unsure of brand). Even following their directions I was lost.

I have had to patch two or three times as the patch eventually comes off. Tear has been there 2 or 3 weeks now. Instructions said use glue sparingly. I will use more glue next time and hold a bit longer and see if that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.