Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Too high pressure on robotic cleaner line?

1. Back To Top    #1

Too high pressure on robotic cleaner line?

After cleaning my DE filter and replacing the DE, everything seemed to be working fine. But my FC level was at zero and I added a half gallon of bleach. the next day, my pool cleaner strainer was clogged with DE. I cleaned the strainer and immediately the cleaner bag started spitting out clouds of what seems to be DE, and blowing loose the clip that holds the cleaner bag shut. It seems like there is too much pressure on the line to the cleaner. Any ideas for a new pool owner.

Don 14000 gal gunnite ig pool
    Don Muncy
    14,000g IG Gunnite 10 yrs old DE filter 2HP pump Dallas TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Too high pressure on robotic cleaner line?

It sounds like you either didn't get the filter reassembled correctly or there's a tear in the fabric.

What is the filter pressure when the cleaner is hooked up?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Too high pressure on robotic cleaner line?

Dave,
    Thanks for your response. I finally figured it out. The cleaner was picking up an invisible layer of dead grey algae from the bottom of the pool and blowing it through the bag. The clip holding the bag shut is just worn out. I brushed the bottom of the pool repeatedly today and replaced the cleaner bag. It seems to work fine now. The tank pressure is about 12 PSI, which appears to be its normal base figure.
    Don
    Don Muncy
    14,000g IG Gunnite 10 yrs old DE filter 2HP pump Dallas TX