I put in R-0011L, the sample turns a little bit pink

Jun 14, 2011
I tested CH in my pool. When I put in R-0011L, the sample turns a little bit pink. However, I added about 30 drops of R-0012, there is no change in color (it remains clear with a little bit pink). Is it no CH or too much CH?

Per the instructions, after adding R-0011L, "if calcium hardness is present, the sample will turn red". In my case, the sample didn't turn red. It's just a bit pink (similar to 0.2 FC in chlorine test). As I said, I added 30 drops of R-0012 and the color didn't change. I thought it's no CH. I'm still adding calcium :(

Their test is not as good.

Try using 10 ml sample. 10 drops of R-0010, 5 drops R-0011, and then each drop of R-0012 is 25 ppm. The color should be deeper this way, easier to see the change. You'll probably be safe putting the first 5 drops in at once and swirl it for a minute, then swirl about that long for each additional drop. You're looking for sky blue, not purple. Something like this ?????

A speedstir is a huge help with this test....but not a must. Try the test again making 100% sure you add 20 drops of R-0010

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.