Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 380 ties itself into a know within an hour

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 380 ties itself into a know within an hour

my Polaris 380 ties itself into a know within an hour or two every day. Not just a tangle but an overhand knot.

What is the solution to this knotty problem?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Automatic Pool Cleaners

My spelling is bad today. My Polaris 380 ties itself into a KNOT within an hour or two every day.

Is there a solution to this "knotty" problem?

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Polaris 380 ties itself into a know within an hour

Do you have line floats and a swivel installed? If it is getting into a knot, I would think the floats are not keeping the line on the water surface enough.
    23,000 IG Plaster pool w/ spa, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE Filter, Hayward RS1000 Main pump, Polaris booster pump, CPSC48 SWG, Legend pool sweep. Dallas, Texas, Full sun, Taylor K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by rdhetrick
    Do you have line floats and a swivel installed? If it is getting into a knot, I would think the floats are not keeping the line on the water surface enough.
    It has worked well for many years.Just got into knotting this year. Do I need to change the position of the floats or get new swivels?

7cycleman

5. Back To Top    #5

Probably both. The house should be level and not sag anywhere. New swivels are cheap online. When you twist the swivel manually it should not feel gritty. Also you may need to adjust the directional thrust and check the float for water inside while you are at it. Just guessing on those last two, for I dont know why the direction would need to be different than before.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

check the position of the float behind the backup valve. the closer the float is the high the pool cleaner will lift when backing up. if you move the float back about 18 - 24" and when it backs up it will drag the cleaner along the pool floor. this will help with the tangling up. also check the rpm's of the cleaner, you can download a manual from the zodiac web site which tells you how to do it. also check the hose length, it should be within about 6" of the longest point of the pool from the wall fitting.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.