Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: How much shock i should use per day or week

How much shock i should use per day or week

can someone tell me how much shock i should use per day or week...i live in bakersfield, CA and our summers are in the 100s...gone through a 40lb. bucket in about a month?
    18,000 free form gunite with an inground spa, kreepy krawly vacuum, jandy CL 340 cartridge filter, 2 easy speed pump motor, granite rock waterfall, and starite heater

Re: Phosphates and sudden chlorine drop

If you properly maintain the Free Chlorine (FC) level relative to the Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level as shown in the Chlorine / CYA Chart, then you should not need to shock your pool on a regular basis. I suggest you read the Pool School for more information. Follow the advice you are getting in your Chlorine won't stay up thread.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"