Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: How much shock i should use per day or week

How much shock i should use per day or week

can someone tell me how much shock i should use per day or week...i live in bakersfield, CA and our summers are in the 100s...gone through a 40lb. bucket in about a month?
    18,000 free form gunite with an inground spa, kreepy krawly vacuum, jandy CL 340 cartridge filter, 2 easy speed pump motor, granite rock waterfall, and starite heater

Re: Phosphates and sudden chlorine drop

If you properly maintain the Free Chlorine (FC) level relative to the Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level as shown in the Chlorine / CYA Chart, then you should not need to shock your pool on a regular basis. I suggest you read the Pool School for more information. Follow the advice you are getting in your Chlorine won't stay up thread.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"