Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Help on Steps

1. Back To Top    #1

Peoria, AZ

Need Help on Steps

Hello all,

I've been using the BBB method for about a week. Last weekend I drained about 75% of my water to lower CYA and I shocked for days to resolve my disappearing chlorine problem. Right now things are good and my chlorine levels are getting down to an appropriate level. I tested my water and have the following results:

CYA: 80
    pH: 7.8
    TA: 150

I was going to work on the TA next by adding muriatic acid and aerating per the Pool School, however I wanted your input as to if I should actually drain some of my water again to lower CYA to 40-60 before continuing on? I live in Arizona and my pool receives direct sunlight from about 9 am until about 5 pm.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    9500 Gallons, IG, Pebble, Cartridge filters, 1.5 HP Pump, Built 2005 - Peoria, AZ

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Need Help on Steps

I recommend doing a little more water replacement, but not all the way down to 40-50. In Arizona with full sun on the pool all day, CYA from 50 to 60 is a better range.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School