Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Ultra Frame pole openings...

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Ultra Frame pole openings...

Don't have a picture to point them out and its hard to describe but I'm talking about how the liner is lower at the T-joint by each leg. Has anyone attempted to cover them with tape or other methods to prevent the water from just spilling out?
    6500 gal, Intex 18'x48" above ground, 1hp Pro Sand Filter, TF100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Ultra Frame pole openings...

We have used pool noodles, split down the side and secured with zip ties. Didn't stop all the spilling, but it did slow it down. Pool noodle also works well to pad the area under the ladder. Ladder rubbing has damaged the liner before.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3

Both sound like awesome ideas. I've been wondering about the ladder rubbing too. Two birds with one stone....errr noodle i mean. :P

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Was thinking about this same problem, as every time my 12 year old swims I lose about 2-3" of water. He's pretty active, lol.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thinking I may let the water level drop a little and try some duct tape on a couple of the openings just to see if it will stay in place or not.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by frogabog
    ..Pool noodle also works well to pad the area under the ladder....
    Did you just tie-wrap a piece of noodle around each foot?
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

The noodle goes on the pool rail, like the other ones at the holes. You might be able to see them in the thread linked in my sig.
    The ladder is also tilted a bit, higher outside the pool which raises it even further from the top rail.
    We also have the ladder in a kiddie pool outside, to rinse feets. Small bucket rarely got used, this way all feets are rinsed by default.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

8. Back To Top    #8

Great. Thanks for the information.
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Overall, the best way to reduce water loss is to lower the water level. I haven't re-done the noodles this year. I just looked at that thread again, and realized everything's changed. Ladder is not on a pallet anymore, but on stacked round pavers with river rock surrounding. And with the sand filter and SWG only one Intex pump remains for skimming. It looks much better now. The grass never grew well there anyway.