Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adjust TA?

1. Back To Top    #1

Adjust TA?

My most recent readings. I am adding 238oz of bleach to get to 6ppm. Would you adjust anything else? My TA seems to be going up. My Simple Pool app says to reduce my pH to 7.5 with acid and then aerate to increase pH. Pool calculator says it should be 70-90+

FC 1
    CC 0
    pH 7.6
    TA 120
    CYA Not Tested
    CH 130
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adjust TA?

In an above ground pool without a SWG or fountain and reasonable CH levels, TA at 120 is just fine. Don't worry about the TA being a little high unless you find the PH going up rapidly or CH increases dramatically.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Adjust TA?

Cool, thanks Jason. My CH has been stable from day 1 and pH is going down rather than up. I will not worry about it.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator