Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replaced SWG and only power light comes, none of the others

1. Back To Top    #1

Replaced SWG and only power light comes, none of the others

Hey all,
    I have a 40,000 gallon salt water pool. The lawn mower people cut my cable to the Aqua rite Tec 15 i had with original install. Since there is no way to replace the cord, i had to buy a new one. I installed by simply replacing unit, with Hayword GLX 15 and plugging in new cord to Board. The only light that comes on is the power light. The display works but it should read add salt, generating or something else when started up. I have checked the quarter sized capacitor and it is still solid, not brittle with no cracks. Any ideas what i did wrong?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replaced SWG and only power light comes, none of the oth

Welcome to TFP! I can't help you with your question, but hopefully someone will stop by who can.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Replaced SWG and only power light comes, none of the oth

Did you check the fuse on the board? Also check the wire connections around the fuse. I thought I had the resistor issue on my system, but as it turned out i had a burnt wire going to/from the fuse. I replaced the wire connection and everything was good to go.

CLB
    12,000 gal Plaster, Aqua Rite SWG, Hayward Super II, Sta-Rite HRP Sand filter, Hayward Ultra Vac, TF-100.