Jandy RS Onetouch controller conversion - 8227 into 7954

KevK

Jul 21, 2012
I have a Jandy RS OneTouch system with wireless Aqualink Controller 8227. I think the J-Box has gone bad. Wondering if I could bypass all the wireless and just hard wire the controller to the control panel (basically turning the 8227 into a 7954). I do not have any schematics, but have looked at some of the crude Jandy drawings. From what I see I would be able to unplug all the components in the 8227 off the front board (with the LCD). I would then use the four wires (Red, Black, Yellow, Green) from the LCD board directly to the Control panel where the J-box plugs in and unplug the J-box (4 wires).

Please advise if anyone has done this, or if this is feasible?

Currently the J-Box has led3 light up constantly (red). When I touch the SW1 button, nothing happens. On the 8227 controller when I hit the SW1 button I get the 10 flashing green LED. The 8227 when turned on stated “Establishing Communication”. I have tried recycling the power and changed out the 9Volt batter at the control panel. I have also checked all 4 wire connections from the J-Box to the control panel. I do have a Jandy SpaLink RS 7888 in my spa.

Thanks,
Kevin

I spoke with Jandy Customer Service and they informed me that I could connect the 8227 directly (that is how they test it). So basically you disconnect the bottom portion of the 8227 which is the wireless and the rechargeable batteries and directly connect (with the 4 wires) the OneTouch 8227 to the Control Center. I also disconnected the J-Box. Now I have a wired OneTouch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.