replacing spider gasket

Jul 21, 2012
I need to replace the spider gasket on my Waterway sand filter. I took the multi-port valve off to replace but there was water in there and it was coming out. I had turned the gate valve off. How do I get the water out of the filter in order to replace gasket?

Welcome to TFP!

It varies a bit depending on how you equipment is setup. If the equipment is above the pool water level all you need to do is open the pump strainer basket lid and the valve should drain down enough. However, if your equipment is below the pool water level you will need to block off both the suction and return pipes (there are usually valves for that purpose), and then open the pump strainer basket lid, to drain the filter.

My pump sits on the ground and it's an above ground pool.........I turned off the valve before the basket on the motor, but there are no valves between the filter and the pool. Thank you for your advice. Now I will go see how I can possibly close the line between the filter and the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.