Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is this gas line connector called?

1. Back To Top    #1

What is this gas line connector called?

I got this image from another website. I need the exact connector in the picture, but I can't find a name for it. The part that is connected to the polyethylene gas pipe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: What is this gas line connector called?

It looks like a straight transition fitting.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

One end is compression and the other end is for steel pipe.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep, looks like a transition fitting to me as well. The piping at the top of your pic (the short straight pipe connected to the 90 degree female elbow) appears to be black iron pipe, which is commonly used in gas lines. Here's another pic of a PE to cast iron transition fitting: http://www.transitions-fittings.unid...=40&id_categ=8

Echo what ps0303 stated about hiring a licensed pro if you do not have prior experience and training working with gas lines. There are definitely times when hiring a pro can save $ in the long run. A friend of mine hooked up a pool/spa heater and did not install a safety that turns off the heater when the pump is turned off. One day (after shutting off the pump) he did not turn off the heater and it kept heating the water trapped in the unit. It literally blew up. Not only did he have to purchase a new heater but had to have the collateral damage repaired as well. That was an expensive lesson for him to learn. Fortunately, no one was injured.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5

I am experienced. I just want to change a really old one that is exactly like the one in the picture.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Confused
    I am experienced. I just want to change a really old one that is exactly like the one in the picture.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,