blue diamond pool cleaner vs. manual brushing & vaccuuming

tltmom

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 5, 2011
Urbana, IL
Thinking about purchasing a blue diamond pool cleaner for my 30,000 gal gunite pool. I appreciate the reviews I have read here - overall, people seem very happy with it.

My question is: how does a robot pool cleaner compare to just manually brushing and vacc'ing the pool? I vac a few times per week and brush once every 2-3 weeks. If I had a robot cleaner, the pool would get done more often, which would be an improvement over what I'm doing now, but I wasn't sure the roller brushes would scrub the plaster as well as I do. Can I really just plop the robot in my pool and keep the pool as clean as I do now? That would be AWESOME!

Thank you!

Re: blue diamond pool cleaner vs. manual brushing & vaccuumi

The robot cleaner will take care of the vacuuming. However, you will still need to brush periodically regardless of whether you use a robot or manually vacuum. Brushing removes very fine dirt particles as well as very early (invisible) stages of algae or other bio film that clings to the wall and floor that vacuuming alone will not remove. Brushing agitates any film that may be present so the chlorine can kill the organism that's causing it more quickly and it stirs up fine dirt particles so that they can be filtered out.

Re: blue diamond pool cleaner vs. manual brushing & vaccuumi

That's what I thought, BoDarville. I was just trying to see if I could get out of brushing, since it's my second least favorite pool chore. My least favorite is shocking, so looks like I'd better keep brushing. Thank goodness for the wall whale!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.