Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LED lights Malfunctioning?

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

LED lights Malfunctioning?

My pool is still under warranty so hopefully this is covered, but I'd like to have some idea of what problems could be newly causing my LED light to go off randomly? Because the pool has an auto cover, we don't use the lights at night so frequently that I'm sure this *is* a new problem? Just recently during a night swim one or the other, then both lights went off, then a min or so later came on. I have to say I'm a little worried (you know, that electricity and water thing?) but not so worried that its interrupted our daytime swims.
    I'd appreciate any thoughts so that when I go to the PB I am prepared.
    Yippee (Skippy's other half)
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Antelope, CA

Re: LED lights Malfunctioning?

They could have a thermal switch. If the too hot, they turn off and when the switch resets in about 10 minutes, it comes back in. I would call the manufacturer to track your concerns earlier in the warranty period.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100