Original Pool Seal, Deck-o-Seal, others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2012
The mastic around my pool is in bad need of repair. I was going to to handle it myself, but the pool guy I just hired (after 9 years of being my own pool guy) told me that most DIY turns out looking badly. He referred me to a contractor who has yet to make an appearance at my house, but I was told it would be around $600. My research tells me that roughly 75% of that price is labor, and the material won't last more than a couple of years. I'm thinking just handle it myself (even though I just hired my first pool guy). I've read the thread here about Ultimate Pool Seal, which seemed to yield poor results. Then I came across Original Pool Seal, which is a new product (from a guy who happens to be in a legal dispute with the owner of Ultimate Pool Seal). This product looks interesting but has anyone tried it? Am I better off just going with Deck-o-Seal? Something else? Insights and experiences appreciated.

I use Vulkem or Deck O Seal. I like the Vulkem since it's a one part compound that fits in a large caulking gun. Both are self leveling products.

The labor is definitely the bigger part of the project. The tear out, clean up, and bending over constantly take their toll. Additional materials will be needed such as sand and the right size rolls of back rod.

I don't recommend it as a DIY project.

The $600 guesstimate is either very light or you have a very small pool. Expect about $9 to $12 per running foot. Beware of low ballers. They usually don't have the experience.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.