Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How forgiving is the vinyl liner?

1. Back To Top    #1

How forgiving is the vinyl liner?

First I want to apologize for all my questions/posts!!!

Okay, the pool we bought(Odyssey design) has a lot of curves in it. My husband is concerned about all the curved slopes and getting them right. The dig specs give NO information about the slopes in the we are not sure what grade to construct them. To add to the difficulty, a lot of the slopes have curves in them.

Now to my question--how forgiving is the liner going to be if the slopes aren't perfect(considering we don't have any info on making them 'perfect')? We are concerned that we are going to do the Pool Krete and walls and then the liner isn't going to fit b/c we don't have enough info in the dig specs to dig it to spec.

Thank you, everyone, for your help!! I don't think we would have embarked on this DIY if it wasn't for this forum!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: How forgiving is the vinyl liner?

It's pretty forgiving but you want to get it pretty close.

can you post the dig specs and maybe we can come up with some suggestions?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: How forgiving is the vinyl liner?

I think it is somewhat forgiving, too, but more in terms of an inch or so...certainly not a few inches. How about the manufacturer? Have they given you any advice?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School