Kissing my screen, happy that i found this site

G

After all day yesterday levelling and finally putting together my intex 14 x 48 above ground pool, I came into work googling "how to maintain my pool" and "will my 1000gph pump maintain 3000 gallon pool" and so forth and so forth. Leading me down the inevitable internet info overload. But then I found TFP and i've been reading through topic after topic for the past hour and i love it!!! i feel so knowledgeable right now on the maintaining my pool that i cant wait for this new york rain to end so i can finish filling up my pool (i started last night and shut the water off until i get home from work today) so my kids can dive in (of course not really dive, but yo uknow)..

Thank you Jason for creating i look forward to interacting with the members and becoming a supporter!!! :party:

Thank you thank you... Im a little scared of filling up the pool after reading others difficulties. But i am reading the Pool School and everything for beginers to make sure i start off the right way. But i cant wait to have my lil sharks 12 and 6, to start having fun.
So far i realize i may have to buy a new pump instead of using the one that came with the pool.

Welcome, Kat!

FWIW, I have an Intex 15' X 48'' with about 5,000 gallons in it. I followed pool school to a T and have had no problems yet.I still have the stock 1,000 gph pump and it works fine. I clean the filter about once a week and its not bad at all.

That being said, the Intex sand filter will provide much better circulation and you can use it to vacuum the pool with. Honestly, with this forum and a good test kit (TF-100), I think you'll be fine with the stock pump though.

Really you think im good with the stock pump? If I buy the sand filter does that replace the stock pump or is this in addition too?

Did you use pavers under the legs of yours?