Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Magnetizer - "water treatment solution"

1. Back To Top    #1

Magnetizer - "water treatment solution"

I stumbled across then when doing some surfing. Has anybody heard of this? You supposedly clamp this to a return pipe and the device is supposed to reduce solids/scale and manage pH. They have other devices for home water softening, air conditioners, natural gas lines, etc. Here's one of the websites.....http://www.magnetizer.net/. Sounds a bit too good to be true......
    28,000 gallon gunite/white plaster with 30ft RBB and 2ft sheer descent, 100 sq ft thermaledge, 50sq ft spa w/ 6 jets
    2HP Jandy pump, 60sq ft Jandy DE filter, 400,000 BTU Jandy LX Nat Gas Heater, 2 Jandy color lights + Jandy color spa light, Jandy Aqualink RS6, Jandy AquaPure 1400

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Sounds a bit too good to be true......
    Uh-Oh!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

A fool and his money soon to be parted! Stay away from junk like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20x40 IG vinyl, heatpump and solar and 3 siberian huskies, 10kw PV solar electric system. Nikon Photographer D800e dSLR.

4. Back To Top    #4

trust me, I'm skeptical.....
    28,000 gallon gunite/white plaster with 30ft RBB and 2ft sheer descent, 100 sq ft thermaledge, 50sq ft spa w/ 6 jets
    2HP Jandy pump, 60sq ft Jandy DE filter, 400,000 BTU Jandy LX Nat Gas Heater, 2 Jandy color lights + Jandy color spa light, Jandy Aqualink RS6, Jandy AquaPure 1400

5. Back To Top    #5
    Pool magnets have been around for YEARS. I can describe them with two words......SNAKE OIL. If you want to buy one then I also have a bridge I would like to sell you in Brooklyn!

If such things really worked don't you think they would be on EVERY pool as standard equipment?

Pure junk science!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Plus when you take your laptop into the pool with you, the giant magnet will wipe out your hard drive, so it's really not worth it.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.