Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Weir Door Float

1. Back To Top    #1
    Antelope, CA

Weir Door Float

It sounds weird but the foam square on the back of weir door will not stay in the space provided for it in the back of the floating door in my skimmer.

Would it easier to just get a square of "foam" and fit it in or see if I can't order the part. It is a rectangular piece a little larger than an index card.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Weir Door Float

Duct tape fixes all.
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

While duct tape is, indeed, the "miracle" product of all time, I would suggest polyurethane caulk (not acrylic). Give it two clean surfaces, about 24 hours to dry, and it's virtually waterproof.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Clearwater, FL.

My last skimmer had the same problem. Go to auto parts store and buy gasket maker called "The Right Stuff" and glue it in with that, needs to dry overnight.
    I was going to use my glue called GOOP, but was too old from sitting in my hot garage for 2 years!

Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.