AGP bottom rim(rail) replacement

Jul 19, 2012
I have acquired a 24' above ground pool. After taking everything down to move it to the new location I noticed that some of the bottom rail pieces were rusted through. I went to the PB that installed the pool and they no longer keep that item in stock since the pool is several years old. I have everything else ready except I really want to replace the couple rails that are rusted. I do not know the brand of the pool. I looked everywhere on it and could not seem to find it. The rails are a metal rail. I was wondering if anyone knew an online retailer that carries these parts. Thanks.

Can you take some good clear photos of the rails, the ends of the rails, the risers, top rail caps and maybe even one of the wall design? I have noticed that after a while, you start to recognize pools by these details.

Now that I say that, how do the rails attach to the riser bases?

I'll try and take some photos this afternoon after work. The riser bases have small tab that is raised on the end that the rails slide into. If you were looking at a profile of the riser base where the rail slides into it would look something like this _-_ where the base of the rail slides under the raised tab.

Ok so I'm a jerk. I didn't post pics because I thought I had found what I needed online. Well I was wrong. Not even close to the right size. Live and Learn I guess.

Here are some pics of the bottom plates and the rail. The measurement of the rail is 55 3/4" long on the outside of the rail.

I don't have pics of the other pieces cause they are at my father in laws house still.

Attachments

• IMG_1591.JPG
    IMG_1591.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1592.JPG
    IMG_1592.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 143
I had actually looked at those, but since they were "out of stock" i didn't look into them. I have been in way too much of a hurry trying to find all these things I need since I have been getting told by my lovely wife that I'm taking way to long and we aren't spending any time together. LOL. I emailed them to see how long it will take to get them in now. The local pool dealer near me said that it would take at least a month to get the parts that i need for this pool. Thanks for the link. I had forgotten about that site.

I don't know but Wilbar owns about 8 brands of pools, maybe you can see if they have anything that might work.

Are there any craigslist pools in your areas available for cheap? if you got a complete set from one of the "please take it" pools, you might have one whole pool?

I think I have your bottom rail. THe pool looks like a doughboy blue mountain I think it is called. If you could take better pictures of the pool I could let you know. I have some that I bought for a pool and the pool itself was far more rusted, so I have the bottom rails. I can take a picture of them for you. Where are you located?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.