Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: when to tighten top plates

1. Back To Top    #1

heritage 24x52 with deck and backyard renovation(pics)

i just purchased a sharkline heritage from pool supply world and all i can say about them is wow they have been great to work with. statdd it might take up to three weeks to get the pool so plenty of time to do the ground work,wrong pool got here in a week. here are some pics of my progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24x52 sharkline heritage agp,Hayward power flo lx 1h/p,Hayward s210 sandfilter, and tf100 test kit
    BBB method and pool rover jr

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New sharkline heritage 24x52 build with pics

all the pavers are set and now time to level the rest of the ground off and get ready for sand
    24x52 sharkline heritage agp,Hayward power flo lx 1h/p,Hayward s210 sandfilter, and tf100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Man I thought my Intex was close to my dig site but that it VERY close. Good job!!
    24 Ft Sharkline Matrix , ~15,200 Gallons
    Pentair SD60 w/ 2 speed 1.5 HP Dynamo pump
    Taylor K-2006 --- BBB

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by tick221
    Man I thought my Intex was close to my dig site but that it VERY close. Good job!!
    Thanks I had to put it that close In: order to get the rite amount of shade on the deck that is going up starting Monday.

5. Back To Top    #5

@tick221 was your wall bars shipped in your loose parts box shippedt in the package with the wall

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by dennard
    @tick221 was your wall bars shipped in your loose parts box shippedt in the package with the wall
    Ours were in the wall box
    Taylor K-2006 --- BBB

7. Back To Top    #7

Looking good so far!
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

8. Back To Top    #8

Got all the pavers set today and have a little bit more leveling to do and then it will be to get a sand base in there and put the walls up. my intex 2650 sand filter that I just got and was going to use blew apart today so I had to order a new sand filter and pump. I went with the Hayward s210t and the power Flo lx 1hp.

9. Back To Top    #9

Well Friday the 13th struck today. Went to Get my sand today with the intentions of getting the wall up Sunday but the operator dumped a yard of sand on my trailor all at one time blue the tire off the rim so know sand and then he tore the **** gate up trying to remove the sand from the tailor so I could jack it up. Wow what a day. Will have sand delivered Monday morning and try again. My contractor will be there Monday to start on the deck that will be 24x32 with two levels. Please let the rest go easy.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by dennard
    Well Friday the 13th struck today. Went to Get my sand today with the intentions of getting the wall up Sunday but the operator dumped a yard of sand on my trailor all at one time blue the tire off the rim so know sand and then he tore the **** gate up trying to remove the sand from the tailor so I could jack it up. Wow what a day. Will have sand delivered Monday morning and try again. My contractor will be there Monday to start on the deck that will be 24x32 with two levels. Please let the rest go easy.
    Sorry about your trailer, I had a friend offer his truck to pickup my sand but I declined. I was too worried about damaging the suspension on the truck, sand is crazy heavy on its own let alone when it gets wet.

Keep going, your getting close
    Taylor K-2006 --- BBB

11. Back To Top    #11

Having to wait to work in the late evenings sun plus 110% humidity in the south will hurt u.

12. Back To Top    #12

Re: heritage 24x52 with deck and backyard renovation(pics)

i had to change the name of the thread cause it looks likes our whole backyard is getting a facelift. looks like this was a great reason for the wife to plant some more plants and turn our backyard into our oasis. my father got us a big palm tree from florida on a recent visit
    and she has a small nursery of plants to put out.i have finished the prep work and waiting on the sand in the morning. i got all the pavers to within 3 tenths thanks to my brother and his transit . there are a few low spots in the bottom but i will work those out with sand. you can chase two tenths here and three tenths there all day long in an area this big so i am thru with that part. thanks goodness.

13. Back To Top    #13

few more pics

14. Back To Top    #14

Wow, that looks like a poured concrete pad. Nice job.
    Bill
    18'X4' 7600 Gal AG
    3/4 HP Pentair Pump
    Hayward S166T 100 lb sand filter

15. Back To Top    #15

Well made a mistake in the install and feel a little frustrated. I have to move on of my pavers cause my bottom cup is rite on the edge. I loaded all my sand in the middle then realized I forgot to put my track down and get it round before hauling in the sand so now I am having to dig the sand out all away across the pool say I can measure my bottom track and I am about ready to give up. This pool is kicking my but.

16. Back To Top    #16

Don't give up now, your have done one of the best jobs preparing the site that I have seen (better than mine) It will be so worth it!
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

17. Back To Top    #17

Thanks for the compliments but I got so aggravated tonight I was about ready to send the pool back.

18. Back To Top    #18

Have a cold beverage and try again tomorrow. I only wish mine were that level. I have one riser that sank about 1 inch. The two surrounding ones were sympathetic to it's demise and sank 1/2 inch also.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

19. Back To Top    #19

Wall is up and sand has to be wet and tamped then liner time... wool hollow almost done

20. Back To Top    #20

20 minutes from liner going in and a windstorm from nowhere took it all out. How bad are creases in the walls got a couple but it could be worse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast