Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump Broken

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump Broken

So our pump broke down last night and dropped it off to get fixed. The question I have is while we have no pump and filter is there anything special I should do with the pool to keep it in ok shape? Also can we still use it? Or will that just make it harder to keep it in good condition? It is an above ground pool. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump Broken

Use your pool brush a lot to keep the water moving. You can still use it if your chlorine levels are within the proper range for your pool's CYA level.
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

3. Back To Top    #3
    Antelope, CA

Re: Pump Broken

Add your chlorine and use something to stir it in the pool... canoe paddle, brush, neighbor's kids...JK. You might need to break up the amount you add at a time if you are using human stirrers. If you have a sump/trash/submersible pump, you could add to the pool while the other one is in the shop to keep the water flowing.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100