Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with pump!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with pump!!

Hey Guys and Gals,

Please forgive me, for I am a noob at pools.. My wife and I purchased a Summer Escapes 18' x 48" pool (with the side skimmer) last year. We didn't want to deal with the chemicals so we purchased a Intex Salt System for it from Leslie's Pool Supply. The pump has given us major problems though!! Currently we have a SFS1000 Filter System with a F1500C Pump. Last year it went out on us and I called to get it replaced. 2 months and 3 wrong parts later, we got the correct pump and had it working again. Today, low and behold, the pump has seized up and died again. I want to switch to a different kind of pump but am not sure what is best or can be attached to my pool. The main thing i'm worried about is how I can connect whatever pump i'm getting to the side skimmer of the Summer Escapes pool. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Smithfield, NC
    Summer Escapes 18' x 48" Pool
    Intex 2650 Sand Filter / Salt Water System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with pump!!

The intex 2650 sand filter/pump combo is popular and we've seen very few issues with it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Bama.. Do I really need 2600 GPH though?? I was looking more into the 1600 GPH.. is this a "more is better" case??

Also, I already have an intex SWG hooked to my pool.. that one has a combo and I would be loosing my independent one if I bought it.. I was looking at this one.. what do you think??

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Krystal-Gal ... +sand+pump
    Smithfield, NC

4. Back To Top    #4

Upsizing a filter is typically not a bad idea.
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi f150donovan and welcome to TFP!
    I'm sure you could just change out the skimmer box with the Hayward one to have one without the built in **** motor, like the one I used here in my posts that start at the bottom of page 1.
    My 15' X 48" at the time didn't have a skimmer box so I had to cut the pool wall for one. In the end, it was the perfect thing to do.

custom-pvc-pipe-adapter-for-intex-pools-t28971.html

Chuck
    Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the info! I'm going to order a pump today and set it up.. ill post pictures when its done.. This forum is awesome!!
    Smithfield, NC

7. Back To Top    #7

So I purchased this system:

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Krystal-Fil ... and+filter

I got it all set up and it works great!! Only one thing though, when my salt system finishes its work and turns off, the whole pump system turns off. Is this typical?? I would think that the pump would run 24/7. Anyone got any answers??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Smithfield, NC

8. Back To Top    #8

And now you know why most of us recommend to get the pump/filter and the SWG separately. With this setup, they both come on together and shut off together. Not the way I would have designed it at all.

Bob E.

9. Back To Top    #9

HELP!!!!

I purchase a Summer Escapes 18x42 pool last summer with the side skimmer. The pump has failed on this pool twice now and I am looking to change it out and put something on it that will work. I read the above posts and looked into different systems referenced, however, I just want to make sure these systems will work for my pool since I have the side skimmer with the rectangle hole in the side of the pool for the filter system.

Thank you in advance for your help!!!