the pool that wouldn't

I noticed that you diy'd your travertine deck. We are just getting ready to do the same and I had some questions for you.

1) What sort of base do you have under your travertine
2) I noticed you didn't do a soldier course (that is the mortared row around the outside to keep things in place) Did you consider that?
3) How much extra did you need with the french patter for cutting / breakage etc?
4) Did you sweep polymeric into the joints?
5) Do you seal it?
6) Any other tips/tricks before we get knee deep into this thing?

Thanks,
Riles

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
harleysilo said:
How do the kids like it? Or are you the one hanging on the bball rim?

Those suck and mine never stayed straight.

Kids love the pool, although the weather has been kind of weak so far this year. That and going away for 10 days didn't help. We have been working on the area between the pool and the house this year. Covered porch is complete, need to re-lay a few more bricks and button up the outdoor cooking area. Hopefully everything is done for the wifes doctorate grad party in a few weeks.

And yes, that crappy basketball net will be involved in the next dump run....

Riles hope my answers were helpfull, was in the airport trying to type on phone and watch my 5 yo maniac twin boys trying to burn the joint down....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.