Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding cya

1. Back To Top    #1

central coast CA

Adding cya

Should I mix my cya with water in a bucket before adding to pool? New fill not sure how ,any ounces to start with added 2 bottles of bleach and plan to do my first test after adding cya

15,000 gallon kd 16x33x42 AG. Sand filter TF 100 test kit
    BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding cya

Is it liquid CYA or solid?
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Use poolcalculator to calculate how much CYA and bleach you should be adding.

Solid CYA should be put in a sock and hung in front of a return. The liquid can be added to the pool as you describe.

Note that the solid CYA may not show up on the test for a week, so no point in testing it now.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Antelope, CA

Attempting to dissolve CYA is in a bucket will result in white pearls sitting in a water bucket for much longer than you thought they would be there.

Dissolving them in the sock in the pool is the best way. They dissolve very slowly in the absence of a strong flow.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100