How long to aerate?

There isn't a simple chemical to add to lower the TA. The only thing that would do that would precipitate out carbonates and would then need to be scooped out, but I'm not aware of any such product (other than those that would cause staining like copper or that would cause scaling like excess calcium). Aeration to drive carbon dioxide out of the pool is the way to lower the TA. For greater aeration, using an air compressor with a nozzle or pipe with small holes to make small bubbles has been most effective, but the jet air fitting referred to in previous posts sounds like it might work well. I just bought one and will try it out this summer (my TA only needs to be lowered a little -- from around 130 to 80).

Richard

Re:

Hotrod30 said:
I use what they call a jet air fitting. Works great with or without the solar cover on.

http://www.poolsupplies.com/cgi-bin/Com ... add=action

271015.jpg

It replaces the eye ball in the return.

This page was active, but when I ordered one they cancelled my order and took down the page :(

but the jet air fitting referred to in previous posts sounds like it might work well. I just bought one and will try it out this summer (my TA only needs to be lowered a little -- from around 130 to 80).

Richard

i know, super old thread, but, can i ask if this installed easily to a standard hayward eyesocket? it looks like 1.5" MIP and i've never tried to take the eyesocket fully off the pipe fitting... the web images don't look like a connection i've seen, and i haven't been able to scour any confirmations of how they retro fit...

SPX14311

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.