Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF-100 and Speedstir

1. Back To Top    #1

TF-100 and Speedstir

Very excited for that brown delivery truck to swing by my house with a little package for me today! Been chomping' at the bit to get some accurate test levels.....can barely contain myself......doesn't seem normal now, does it? LOL. Told my DH the other day that I was going to be a chemist before this was all over!
    Pool grand opening Sept 2010. 100% sun exposure. Beach entry with fountain, IG gunite pool, approx 11,000g. Hayward HK sand filter. Intelliflow VS 350 pump w/ max flow rate 160 gpm. Dolphin (cordless) M5 Liberty pool cleaner. The pool has waterfall at one end with a tanning ledge and a spa at the other end that has a spillway into the pool and there is a water shear falling from the pool equip wall into the spa. DH did a beautiful job of designing it himself!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TC-100 and Speedstir

I'll predict the next thing: you'll buy more vials and stirbars so you can run all your tests before washing the dishes.

pssst: Taylor wants a lot for the stirbars. Check eBay. 8mm*25mm
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yup, it can be an addictive sort of thing, something to take pride in.
    It's also nice to know that YOU have proof that your family's well being is looked after and they are swimming in clean water, versus taking someone else's word for it and letting them swim in filthy water.

You may just find that you can't swim in other peoples pools though, if you know they don't look after the water properly...I can't be the only one like that
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

4. Back To Top    #4

Trust me....I already can't swim in public pools just from what I've recently learned! LOL
    Thanks for the heads up too Richard320!
    Pool grand opening Sept 2010. 100% sun exposure. Beach entry with fountain, IG gunite pool, approx 11,000g. Hayward HK sand filter. Intelliflow VS 350 pump w/ max flow rate 160 gpm. Dolphin (cordless) M5 Liberty pool cleaner. The pool has waterfall at one end with a tanning ledge and a spa at the other end that has a spillway into the pool and there is a water shear falling from the pool equip wall into the spa. DH did a beautiful job of designing it himself!

5. Back To Top    #5

You aren't the only one. Last yr we went to a pool party with a cloudy pool. Everyone else was jumping in. DH and I just chatted with ppl in the shade saying "oh, we just don't feel like swimming today" even though it was 100 degrees Worst part was same guests came to our house 2 days later and all I could imagine was all the "stuff" piggy backing into my nice clean pool on the swimsuits.
    19,000 gallons, Well Water
    Stay-Rite System 3 Cartridge filter
    IG vinyl, MasterTemp 400 Propane heater
    Intellichlor 40 SWG, 2006 Taylor Test Kit with Speed Stirrer
    1.5 HP Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Deb04
    You aren't the only one. Last yr we went to a pool party with a cloudy pool. Everyone else was jumping in. DH and I just chatted with ppl in the shade saying "oh, we just don't feel like swimming today" even though it was 100 degrees Worst part was same guests came to our house 2 days later and all I could imagine was all the "stuff" piggy backing into my nice clean pool on the swimsuits.
    Don't matter, since your pool is properly maintained, anything that was introduced was killed probably instantly! Ah the joys of a trouble-free pool

I'll swim in cloudy water, but when people ask why I won't get my hair wet or go underwater, I just say I don't want chlorine smell in my hair. lol
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

7. Back To Top    #7

Re: TF-100 and Speedstir

Got it! Love it!
    Question, when it says to mix and add dros one by one and mix...is it ok to just leave the Speedstir on the entire time u drop or do u really drop, stir, stop stir, drop, stir...blah blah. Does it matter is my real question.

8. Back To Top    #8

Leave the stirring on ... that is one of the advantages of having it.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Sorta what I thought and did, but just wanted to double check in case it skewed the results at all. Thank you much! (as my 23 month old would say)