Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi From NJ!

1. Back To Top    #1

Middletown, NJ

Hi From NJ!

My pool was just completed yesterday and I'm just waiting on final inspection and my system training / chemicals! Can't wait to jump in!

It's a 16x34 steel wall vinyl pool. Hayward salt system, sand filter, Polaris 380. I'll have to dig up more details for my sig soon.

As you can see, I have a blank slate! The little nook by the walkway is where we're already planning to put a nice orange hibiscus plant. We have a landscaper coming out on Saturday to measure for sod, though I'm a little nervous putting it down in the middle of summer. However, I have a golden retriever who is a complete mud dog, so he's been in all his glory with the yard of dirt and mud. I, on the other hand, am at wit's end cleaning up the muddy tracks in the house, so laying sod may be worth the risk at this point!

Look forward to learning a lot from you guys and getting great landscape and poolscape ideas!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16x34 Freeform Inground Vinyl Pool / 244T Hayward Sand Filter / Gold Line Aquarite Salt System
    Polaris 380 / Cabo Tile w/ Blue Pebble Bottom Liner / Cantilever Coping / 4x8 Fiberglass Steps - For The Dog!
    Build Completed July 2012

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Hi From NJ!

Order up a test kit and some salt strips right away.

Think of the bragging rights if you could tell people in 5 or 6 years, "I've never had algae. Never shocked my pool."
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!