Polygroup Pro 24' x 52" bowing legs

Jul 16, 2012
I have spent the last several days making sure my Polygroup 24' x 52" pool is perfectly level, which it is. We carefully watched the legs during the filling process making sure they were as close to 90 degrees as possible, during the last 15 minutes of filling most of the legs began bowing around the liner, which is bulging past the upper ring of the pool all the way around. One of the legs bowed to the point of buckling. I very gently jacked up the worst legs allowing them to spring out around the liner. I am kicking myself over this situation I didn't pay close enough attention when I bought the pool I thought it was an Intex pool, the polygroup has flat legs as apposed to the round legs of an intex. I spoke to customer service and according to them the legs are back ordered and aren't available, the informed me it would be fine to set the legs outward away from the pool to correct the issue. I have put so much work into getting this pool perfect my frustration is through the roof, I wish I had caught that it wasn't an Intex. Any advice you can offer to maybe make me feel better about this would be great. Click the thumbnails for a full size view

Where did you buy the pool. It seems you should be able to return it as it does not meet its intended purpose in a safe manner with the "defective" legs. Try to stay calm and reasonable and let them come up with the answers/solutions but only accept options you find reasonable.

If you used a credit card to buy it, your credit card company may provide you buyer assurance or other right/options.

Good luck.

Wow. It is amazing that the legs didn't move out on their own. There is no rope around the bottom. How could you of not seen that happening as you filled the pool? I would return the pool and get an Intex.

1380ken said:
Wow. It is amazing that the legs didn't move out on their own. There is no rope around the bottom. How could you of not seen that happening as you filled the pool? I would return the pool and get an Intex.

It appears the liner stretched after it had been filled, we watched the legs like a hawk as the pool filled and all looked great. We turned the water off went out for a few hours and when we came back we had massive bowing.

Well after having 3 more legs buckle completely overnight I had enough, we are currently draining the pool and it is going back to Sears. The manufacturer just wanted to send more legs which would solve nothing at all. Sears has made the situation more than right and we should have our Intex pool this week. The lesson here, stay WAY away from Polygroup junk!!! It really sucks watching 12,200 gallons draining down the road BUT we will end up with a much higher quality pool, a saltwater setup, and a lesson learned.

Thought I would update this thread, the store manager I spoke with about the issues with the Polygroup garbage felt so bad he told me he was going to swap out an Intex pool for our Polygroup, he felt bad knowing our water bill is going to be through the roof. I got the pool drained, packed up and off to Sears I went spoke with the manager he told me to return the pool to shipping and receiving then come back, which I did. When I got back to him I found him searching their website shaking his head, he told me the best he could do was get me a 16' pool, he didn't realize the price difference. At this point I am frustrated, he should have checked his information before making promises. I ended up just getting my money back which at my frustration level was fine. We just wanted a pool at that point so I started hunting, I found an 18' x 48" Intex Ultra for $399 at Target, snatched it up, reset my 12"x12" pavers under the new pool. As of last night at 80% full the pool is level within 1/4" all the way around and everything looks great, I ordered an SWG for the pool which will be in tomorrow and going to pick up my test kit after work today. What a pain this has been so far but I think it is downhill from this point forward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.