Just getting started

Bobswe

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2012
Cinnaminson NJ
Other than absorbic acid, are there any metal sequesrriants that'll take copper stains off walls? I know aa does it quick but too many side issues come with it. I know the main use of sequestriants are too prevent stains but once they're starting I would like to use something other than aa even if it'll take longer to see results.

Ascorbic acid is not a sequestrant, it is a stain remover. Stain removers lift stains off of surfaces. Sequestrants bind to metals in the water and prevent them from forming stains. Sequestrant will occasionally help remove a stain from a surface, but that is not it's primary purpose.

Ascorbic acid has the fewest "side issues" of any of the stain removers. If it works it is either the same or simpler to use that anything else.

Removing copper stains in particular is unpredictable. Sometimes they come off fairly easily, other times they can be very difficult to remove. Copper can take several different forms, each of which responds differently to stain removers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.