Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacement cartridge filters

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacement cartridge filters

Hey guys I want to get some replacement cartridge filters for my pentair clean and clear 520 anyone have any advise on good deals or brands? Thanks Steve
    24X38'ish 23,500 gallon Geometric with 10x10 spa(12jets), Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair intelliflow(pool-spa), pentair whispersflow 2HP(booster spa jets), Two Polaris 1.5 Hp blowers, Pentair Wisperflow XF 3HP(2 6 foot water falls), Pentair clean&clear plus 520, Pentair Master temp 400. Intelli PH acid dispenser, Intellitouch with iPhone and iPad control. Two 45000 BTU fire bowls and one 60000 BTU fire pit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacement cartridge filters

19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

3. Back To Top    #3

Are those good replacements or is oem the way to go?
    24X38'ish 23,500 gallon Geometric with 10x10 spa(12jets), Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair intelliflow(pool-spa), pentair whispersflow 2HP(booster spa jets), Two Polaris 1.5 Hp blowers, Pentair Wisperflow XF 3HP(2 6 foot water falls), Pentair clean&clear plus 520, Pentair Master temp 400. Intelli PH acid dispenser, Intellitouch with iPhone and iPad control. Two 45000 BTU fire bowls and one 60000 BTU fire pit.

4. Back To Top    #4

They only got a couple of vanilla reviews, and are sold and fulfilled by a third party, who says only 11 left in stock, which seems odd for Mid Summer. On second thought, I would stay away from them.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

5. Back To Top    #5

I got mine here, http://www.poolplaza.com/P-CC520-SET.html, they seemed the same as the oem cartridges, which I saved for spares.

Tom
    In gound vinyl L, ~41,000 gallons, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 420 cartridge filtter, Pentair 2 speed WhisperFlo pump

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by tpcorr
    I got mine here, http://www.poolplaza.com/P-CC520-SET.html, they seemed the same as the oem cartridges, which I saved for spares.

Tom
    These Unicell replacements are virtually identical to OEM, we use them all the time, without issues.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the replies I went with the unicells.