Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to keep FC where I want it?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to keep FC where I want it?

So I want to keep my FC around 6. At night when I add my bleach do I just add enough to get it back to 6 or a little more so it never goes below 6? How do I figure this out? My pool is in full sun and loses on avg 3-4 ppm per day.
    Jill

28k gallon IG Vinyl Pool, 1hp Hayward 200 with Zeobrite in it, Full sun, no bottom drain, heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to keep FC where I want it?

What is your CYA? That determines what your absolute minimum should be. You should add bleach so that is not at the minimum the next time you test and add.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Considering your CYA is around 50, I would just put your FC at around 8 when you pour your bleach in and let it go down from there. That's what I do...When it gets to 5 or 6 I put more in. I found that it would drive me crazy trying to get it locked in on a certain number, and since my suggested levels are between 4 and 9 it works well.
    32,000 Gallon Vinyl Lazy L
    Hayward DE6000
    Hayward Ecostar SP3400VSP
    Aquabot T4RC
    Taylor K2006

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by NJKen
    Considering your CYA is around 50
    Do we have mind readers here now?

This is why all questions should be kept in the same thread ... so all the info is available.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Just a general question! Thanks, this is what I have been doing but just making sure that I'm not making things harder than they need to be!
    Jill

28k gallon IG Vinyl Pool, 1hp Hayward 200 with Zeobrite in it, Full sun, no bottom drain, heater