Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Master Pools Guild Membership

1. Back To Top    #1

Bel Air, MD

Master Pools Guild Membership

Hello all,

One of the PB I am looking at right now is a member of the Does anyone have any feelings as to whether or not this adds any value? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Master Pools Guild Membership

I've heard only good things about them, though I have never worked with any of their builders directly. They tend to have builders who have more experience with high end features. If you are building a high end pool that is an asset, but it can also sometimes mean higher costs than otherwise when building a plain vanilla pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

SE FL

Re: Master Pools Guild Membership

Well, it sounds good to have that appellation next to your company's name, but aside from expensive conventions the title is pretty much the bulk of the benefits. If you truly are a Master Pool Builder, you don't need to belong the club that tells you that you are.
    You may also limit yourself in terms of who you buy from. MPG has agreements with a few distributors, including the biggest, for their members purchases - probably a built-in rebate. They really push their members to buy from these "approved" distributors.
    Check out the pros/cons and the cost and choose wisely. If it works for you, go for it.
    15x32 IG w spillover spa. PEN/STA Variable Speed, ZODDE48, AP1400 SG, Nat2, HAYSUP2's for Spajets & WF.