Trying everything, but algae still remains

Jul 18, 2012
I have had algae in the pool for almost a week now. I have tried yellow out after raising the ph, but it is still there. Last night, raised the ph because it lowered again, scrubbed the sides and bottom of the pool. I have put in a gallon of bleach this morning and checked it an hour later and no movement on the FC. I then added shock to the pool and still no movement.

Any suggestions, before my husband drains the entire pool? By the way we have a 21' round pool.

FC-0
PH-7.5
TA-120
TH-200
CYA-40

Thanks

Hi, welcome to TFP! Shock is a process and not a one-time application of product despite what the bags of shock say. You will need to raise your pool to shock level and keep it there as much as possible until you pass the 3 criteria for completing the shock process. Read shocking your pool and defeating algae for more information on the shock process.

You haven't tried the shock process correctly yet.

Assuming the pool is only 3' deep, a gallon of 6% bleach will only raise FC to 8. Shock level for your CYA is 15. If the pool is deeper - holds more water - your FC was even further from shock level.

[center:1q0izjzy][/center:1q0izjzy]

CYA high still no chlorine

I have a 21' round above ground pool with cartridge filter.

I have been having problems with getting rid of algae in the pool. I have been adding borax to get the ph level and that has worked. I added stabilizer last night in hopes to see a chorine level. I have also added a gallon of bleach to help with the chlorine. As of this morning here are my levels.

FC-0
PH-7.2
TA-100
CYA-120

Should I add a ton more bleach to get a chlorine level or should I drain some of the pool and add fresh water?

Thanks

she1021 said:
I added stabilizer last night in hopes to see a chorine level.
Why did you add stabilzer?

Please see this pool school article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/recommended_levels

With a cya of 120 ppm, you will need to do a partial drain/refill to lower your cya back down to 30-50 ppm. Unfortunatly that is where you were before you added the stabilzer last night :cry:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.