I had a pool party about 10 days ago and the water turned a little green and cloudy. I started shocking and the water turned clear overnight but the pool was consuming massive amounts of chlorine. Pulled out the pool light and there was black nasty stuff back there that I cleaned out. I have been shocking at mustard algae levels for 10 days and the chlorine consumption at night has stopped but the cc level is still 1.0 when I do the OCLT.
I'm leaving town today until Saturday and there is no one to watch the pool for me. I have dumped in enough bleach to bring the chlorine level up to about 50ppm and with the cover on I'm hoping it will hold until Saturday. Do you think I should dump in a little more bleach or do you think that will hold?