Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner problem??

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner problem??

My liner appears to have slipped down a little bit in a couple of spots. Is this a major issue and if so how can I fix it?. I have tried to just push it back up with my hand but I can't get it back up enough to catch the lip.

Thanks
    30ft x 54in AGP 24,900 gallons
    400 lbs High Rate Sand filter
    2HP, 2 speed pump
    Pool Install April 2012

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner problem??

Post a pic of it and maybe it can be fixed. Some hot water poured over it will usually help.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is the picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2HP, 2 speed pump
    Pool Install April 2012

4. Back To Top    #4

What type of liner is that (overlap, jhook or vbead)?? Also have you inspected the cove below the waterline when the liner has dropped to make sure you don't have settling or other issues?
    24 Ft Sharkline Matrix , ~15,200 Gallons
    Pentair SD60 w/ 2 speed 1.5 HP Dynamo pump
    Taylor K-2006 --- BBB

5. Back To Top    #5

That looks a lot like the liner I had before my current one. It's a Blue Sapphire with a J-hook at the top of the liner. I would take the top seat off of a section or three and see what's going on. My pool has the liner, a resin track to hold the liner in place and then the top seat. I think on an overlap liner you add a coping strip. I would see if you can take off the top seat, pull the liner back over the wall and re-install everything. It should be OK to remove the top rail and other items from a couple sections without damaging the pool.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

The cove appears to be fine. It is just happening around the deck so I am assuming it is from the kids jumping of the rail. I am not sure though.
    2HP, 2 speed pump
    Pool Install April 2012

7. Back To Top    #7

Have you had a chance to pull off the top seats and corner caps around the deck? I am going to guess it's a pretty simple fix.

It seems if the kids stood on the top seat to jump in that it could have pinched the bead and pulled it over the top of the wall.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

I called the pool store and they are coming Wednesday to fix it. I will let you know how it goes.
    2HP, 2 speed pump
    Pool Install April 2012