Pool Rover Jr. & S7930 EZ-SWIVEL

Jul 22, 2011
Getting frustrated with the cord tangling. Does anyone have any experience with this? How does it work? I can't seem to find any instructions for it online. Do you have to splice wires and such?

Thanks!

Hi Digiman,

The ez swivel for my aquabot is merely a sleeve that you snap or screw over the floating cord to make it easier to untangle. It is not a swivel in the true sense of the word in that it prevents tangling, it is just a mechanism to make the untwisting of the cord easier. Maybe the part you're looking at is different, but when I look up that part number on the exploded diagram of the aquabot, it lloks just like the one on my bot.

Tom

tpcorr said:
Hi Digiman,

The ez swivel for my aquabot is merely a sleeve that you snap or screw over the floating cord to make it easier to untangle. It is not a swivel in the true sense of the word in that it prevents tangling, it is just a mechanism to make the untwisting of the cord easier. Maybe the part you're looking at is different, but when I look up that part number on the exploded diagram of the aquabot, it lloks just like the one on my bot.

Tom

Hmmm... well that doesn't sound like an accurate description at all. It makes it sound like a "preventative" rather than an "easier way to untangle"... that's silly... how would a "sleeve" make it easier to untangle?

On a different note... I just had a strange encounter with amazon... apparently I was supposed to receive one of these swivels with my order (according to the description... ie. Extra-wide non-marring wheels roll over any surface and patented E-Z swivel device ensures a tangle-free cable), so I opened a chat session with them... i told them it was missing from my order, and they asked for the order number... She looked up my order, told me she was sorry it was "lost" and asked if I wanted a replacement or a refund. I asked for a refund (thinking in my mind a partial refund for the cost of this swivel), and she replies with, ok, the refund will be issued in 2-3 days and I've sent a confirmation email to your address on file. We ended the conversation... about 10 mins go by and I receive the email... She refunded the entire amount! :hammer: REALLY? my only guess is that she assumed I never received any of the order...

Although I haven't tried it out yet, the instructions tell you to disconnect the cable from the power supply, and pull the ez swivel from the aquabot towards the free end of the cable. The innards of the ez swivel will then untangle the cord. And I agree, the thing is misnamed.

Tom

Yeah, the EZ Swivel doesn't do anything while the Rover is in the water. It doesn't even really help afterwards as you have to extend the cord to full length to make it work.

The easiest way I have found to prevent lots of tangling is:

1) Make sure your cord is untangled to begin with. As you pull it out of the water loop it in one hand and turn the loops as you pull the cord out to take out the tangles.

2) When you put your rover in, "preload" the cord with opposite loops (the Rover will work these out as it turns). In my case, I drop the cord into the water one loop at a time, but between each drop, I turn the bundled cord a halfl, counter clockwise turn. This means I put about 4 or 5 full turns into the cable in the opposite direction that the Rover will add them. Then, plug the Rover into the power supply.

This works and seems to save a lot of wear and tear on the cord and lets the Rover go out to the full extent of the cord.

It works well for silt and dirt if you get the "fine" filter bag. The more expensive rovers come with 2 bags, a relatively large mesh bag that is good for picking up debris and even sand. The "fine" bag will pick up almost anything, down to very fine silt and pollen.

You can improve how the regular bag picks up silt and dirt by putting a few cotton balls in the rover before starting it. You can buy a fine bag separately, but they are not cheap, around $60 or so.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So the question is: Do I want to spend my time manually cleaning the pool with a Pool Blaster Max (hand held self contained vac with mesh bag) or spend my time unraveling the cord on an automatic pool cleaner like the Pool Rover Jr. (self contained automatic vac with mesh bag). It's a tough one.

Ok I too would like some clarification if possible :D This E-Z swivel seems to be nothing but a handhold clamped onto the cable. it does not move. It seems to do nothing different than if you were to grab the cable in one spot and hold it tight.

What am I missing? Is that all it really is because if so, all it does is drag the bot across the pool or ground as the cable will not untangle just by pulling.

On my "old" rover, the ez swivel is a blue handle that rotates over a blue clamp on the line. The instructions say to hold the swivel part and extend the cable full length, the cable with then unwind itself.

Never worked for me, so I didn't mess with it. As I said earlier, the best success I had was to twist the cable 8 to 10 times in the opposite direction it normally winds up when you start the rover. I now have an aqua-jet which has a much stiffer cable and is supposed to reverse direction more effectively. It stills gets wound up, but not as badly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.