I can't get my Intellifo VS to talk to the iAqualink

Jul 17, 2012
I can't get my Intellifo VS to talk to the iAqualink.

I just had an Intelliflo VS installed and a Zodiac iAqualink running rev R software.
The pump replaced a constant speed pump on the filter relay.
As such, it works as a constant speed pump.

I attached the two wire control to one of the RS485 inputs on the Aqualink board. I attached yellow to yellow and green (well, more of an aqua) to green.

I told the software that I had an Intelliflo VS pump, and that it was for "filtering" and was pump one. The pump says that it's on address 1.

I put the pump in "Running Schedules" mode.

There's no indication that the wire is connected at all. I was expecting to see "Display Not Active" on the pump screen. doesn't happen. pump doesn't start. if I manually start the pump, the pump runs, but the AquaPure doesn't generate chlorine and the status shows the pump as offline. not sure what I need to do to get things running. Does the length of the RS-485 cable matter? It came with a really long cable, and I left it uncut.

On the Aqualink menu for VSP Speed Setup, I left all of the "Assign to AUX" as N/A. All of my AUX relays are already used and have nothing to do with the variable speeds.

Any suggestions? I'd really like to be able to control the speeds.

thanks,
Derek

Re: Controlling an Intelliflo VF with Jandy Aqualink

derekt75 said:
I can't get my Intellifo VS to talk to the iAqualink.

I just had an Intelliflo VS installed and a Zodiac iAqualink running rev R software.
The pump replaced a constant speed pump on the filter relay.
As such, it works as a constant speed pump.

I attached the two wire control to one of the RS485 inputs on the Aqualink board. I attached yellow to yellow and green (well, more of an aqua) to green.

I told the software that I had an Intelliflo VS pump, and that it was for "filtering" and was pump one. The pump says that it's on address 1.

I put the pump in "Running Schedules" mode.

There's no indication that the wire is connected at all. I was expecting to see "Display Not Active" on the pump screen. doesn't happen. pump doesn't start. if I manually start the pump, the pump runs, but the AquaPure doesn't generate chlorine and the status shows the pump as offline. not sure what I need to do to get things running. Does the length of the RS-485 cable matter? It came with a really long cable, and I left it uncut.

On the Aqualink menu for VSP Speed Setup, I left all of the "Assign to AUX" as N/A. All of my AUX relays are already used and have nothing to do with the variable speeds.

Any suggestions? I'd really like to be able to control the speeds.

thanks,
Derek

I am pretty sure if I recall that it's not a color match on the RS485 cable from the VS to the aqualink RS485 ports.

The RS485 port (a red connector) on the aqualink has 4 pins. 1 - Red, 2 - black, 3 - yellow, 4 - green.

The VS has a cable with 2 wires (round plug at one end). The wires are yellow and green.

The green wire should go into pin 3, and the yellow wire to pin 2.

If it's communicating (no more communication configuration is required on your part), you should see it in the help screen as an attached device.

Next, if the VS is not your primary filter pump, then you will need to configure it to be the correct pump.

Next, configure the speeds for various functions....

My electrician matched colors....grrr.

Hope that works

In related news, the pump is still powered by the filter relay rather than being directly connected to the breaker.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of a direct connection rather than using the relay?

thanks,
Derek

Thanks Shake. I thought I had read somewhere to direct connect and let the controller power the pump down, but maybe that was for the Pentair controller or for the standalone Zodiac controller.

good to know that it's installed properly.

Derek

derekt75 said:
Thanks Shake. I thought I had read somewhere to direct connect and let the controller power the pump down, but maybe that was for the Pentair controller or for the standalone Zodiac controller.

good to know that it's installed properly.

Derek

The pump is powered on at all times and the RS485 controls activate the pump. The relay is not required.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.