Pictures of my algae

May 15, 2009
Can someone help me identify the algae that I vacuumed up today?

Here are my numbers
FC=2
CC=1
TC=1
pH=7.5
T/A = 320
CYA=40

This is my pool
IMG_3049.jpg

This is my water
IMG_3050.jpg

This what I need to identify from the vacuum
IMG_3051.jpg

Closeup
IMG_3052.jpg

Closeup with skimmer lid as a backdrop to better define what I am looking at here.
IMG_3055.jpg

Another shot on the skimmer lid
IMG_3056.jpg

I originally thought that this dirt that blew in from the planters that we have on the deck so I vacuumed the pool and found this in the skimmer. Now I think it is some kind of algae. It has a texture like play dough. The algae is not growing on the skimmer lid, I jut used the lid to provide a white background. It looks like it is on the sides of the pool on the liner where it meets the cove mold at the bottom. I can knock it off with my toe and collect it in the vacuum hose. After a lot of swimming activity it was just on the bottom. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't think it is feces but I might feel better if it was. No critters that we have noticed. I have knocked some of this off the sides of the pool at the bottom of the wall when brushing. It seems to like the shady (in the afternoon) side near the ladder. I might pull the ladder and check the skids on the bottom. I would bet that the pool chlorine doesn't get into the submerged parts of the ladder legs and steps as readily as the open water of the pool. It is easy to vacuum once you knock it loose though. Thanks.

I have something similar on my sliding glass door. I believe it's from frogs or bugs. I have a lot of frogs that like to hang out on my door (I think they're tree frogs). It could be their poop.

2 years ago, I had them in my house. So that's why I also think it could be from bugs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.