Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Floating skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Floating skimmer

Need to purchase floating skimmer for AG 16x33x42". Saw one n amazon with good reviews it's the Pool Skim floating skimmer. Anyone have this one or another they like better?

Thanks
    15,000 gallon kd 16x33x42 AG. Sand filter TF 100 test kit
    BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Floating skimmer

I see you have the TF test kit. Are you looking for a floater for vacation?

I know there is some quality difference. I think I liked the HydroTools but I don't remember. I like the plastic to have some give as opposed to being hard, brittle plastic. This is especially important in the area around the cap.

I am going to guess that most of the posters here do not use a floater much as they are using liquid bleach instead of pucks to chlorinate. I know about the floater quality as I used to use a floater and pucks but my pool was forever green no matter how many I added.

I learned the pucks were the cause of my green pool... due to the incredibly high amount of CYA I had in my pool.

I went to http://www.troublefreepool.com/image...-MouseOver.png and learned that liquid chlorine was best for my pool.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

I believe the OP is asking about the "Pool Skim", a skimmer that hooks to your return, not a puck floater. I don't have one myself but I'm tempted to later this summer when my trees start dropping leaves. There are some on this site that have them & love them. I'll let them chime in, as like I say, I have no personal experience.
    12,900 Gal. 24' X 48" ABG Vinyl Round (17th Birthday)
    1HP Hayward Pump w/S180T Hayward Sand Filter
    AquaTrol RJ SWCG 2011 startup
    TFP Method since '09, TF100
    50ppm Borates, June '12

4. Back To Top    #4

I understand and I have ben looking at them too. I have lots of crepe myrtle blooms that look like snow on my pool.

I was wondering is anyone has used this one? Blue Devil SkimzIt I am thinking of trying the one without the rake as I have one. $24.95 with rake and $13.95 without

http://www.shopthepoolandspacenter.c...ket-kit-b4002/
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

I just found a thread that discussed this. I may need to get one...

http://www.troublefreepool.com/just-...gp-t41539.html
    -- Guy --