Above ground Skimmers

RH60

Jul 12, 2012
Richmond, Va.
In case I ever decide to replace skimmer
Besides Lomart does anyone make a above ground skimmer like this.
When you vacuum the water goes thru the skimmer basket first. So I only need to empty the pump basket about once a season.
Hard to get under my deck to the pump so it makes it so much easier with a back problem.
Trap door in deck lets me get to everything else I need from above.
Only thing I never liked about the lomart is the output nipple on the skimmer is more like a 1 ¼” instead of the larger 1 ½” I see on haywards.
And also wondered if that effects my flow much.
2 yr old ¾ HP Hayward superpump with a 20 year old Jaccuzzi sand filter.
About every 5 years replace sand clena out and inspect. But everything still look and works good so never replaced the filter. Used on a 18 ft. x 4 ft above ground with 18” burried in ground.

Thanks

You are right I did lookup some. Sorry should have looked at them better before making post. Just going by a friends Hayward skimmer and he said that he removes the basket and plugs the hose in.
Seems like he has a different model or is using it wrong without the plate.

So if ever I did decide to change for the outlet size only. What the opinion on the best skimmer.
I could get a stainless plate from a friend at a metal shop to cover the lomart cutout to change to a different cut out.

Will try to post a pic of a lomart. I think they only ever made the one style. They did seem to have the best design for when you vaccum. Plug the hose in from the inside of pool to a seperate vaccum port.

Thanks again

Attachments

• lomart.jpg
    lomart.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 66
i have seen others with the vacuum port. But they may have been Lomart brands...

I've also seen fittings that install in the pool wall that are piped into the suction line, below the skimmer I assume.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.